Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Fantastic idea to have Narayan Murthy as next President - Kalam

President A P J Abdul Kalam said it would be a “fantastic” idea to have software industry icon N R Narayan Murthy as the next President of India.

Kalam’s observations came during an interaction he was having with trainees and software professionals at the Global Education Centre established by Infosys in Mysore on Sunday evening.

“Fantastic, fantastic, fantastic” was Kalam’s spontaneous reply to a question posed to him by a youth in the audience on Narayan Murthy as the future President of India. Kalam’s present tenure is scheduled to end in July 2007.

But, Narayan Murthy, who is the chief mentor of Infosys, sought to play down the speculation over his candidature for the highest office in the country. “I think it is all hyped”, Murthy told reporters later when his attention was drawn to the President’s remarks.

Instead, Narayan Murthy said it would be “wonderful” if Kalam continues for a second term. “He is an extraordinary person. It is rare to have a President of his caliber. He can connect with any audience”, Murthy said.

When reporters persisted Narayan Murthy on the issue by asking him whether he was open to the idea in the future, the software icon said “what will happen in future, nobody can say. When we have a wonderful President, who can bond with the youth of the country like nobody else does, I wish he should continue in the post for a second term”, Murthy added.

3 comments:

Zulfi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Zulfi said...

Give the DEVIL HIS DUE:

"We had arranged for five people to sing the anthem. But then we cancelled it as we have foreigners onboard here. They should not be embarrassed while we sing the anthem," said Infosys chief mentor Narayana Murthy.

http://www.deccanherald.com/deccanherald/apr92007/state05631200749.asp

Anonymous said...

I'm admiring the webmaster, nice job on the design. Looks like your site can handle heavy traffic.
I'm not a robot. I'm fully aware of my existence and I have no doubts about reality - it does not exist.
Do you really have experience in this field? If so, I would like to ask you a few questions.
This page lacks some funny comments. Know any jokes?

Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant? I'm halfway through my fish-burger and I realize, Oh my God.... I could be eating a slow learner!
Jerry Seinfeld