Sunday, April 08, 2007

Jayaprada finds film turf easier than political turf

Film actress and Samajwadi party’s star campaigner Jayaprada finds film turf far easier to handle than the political turf in Uttar Pradesh, which is facing a staggered seven-phase polling for the assembly beginning yesterday.

Jayaprada, who managed to squeeze in a low-key visit to Bangalore for picturising a song for a Kannada film in the midst of hectic electioneering in the Uttar Pradesh, admitted that politics in most populous state of India was quite different from acting in movies.

After the song and dance sequence with Kannada matinee idol Vishnuvardhan for the film “Ee Bandhana” directed by Vijaylakshmi Singh in an outdoor studio in Bangalore, the multilingual actress appeared anxious to catch the evening flight back to Uttar Pradesh. When the reporters asked her whether she found dealing with a woman director was easier than dealing with a political opponent like Mayawati in Uttar Pradesh, the glamourous actress laughed and said “film turf was more easier to handle than the political turf”.

Incidentally, Jayaprada made her debut in a Kannada film Kavirathna Kalidasa opposite the late thespian Rajkumar. Also, Rajkumar’s last film Shabdavedi was opposite Jayaprada. “I am happy that I had worked with Rajkumar in his last film”, she said.

Though Jayaprada is busy with elections in Uttar Pradesh, she is looking forward to acting in the Kannada film opposite Vishnuvardhan in Ee Bandhana. “I am doing a very powerful role in the film. I know I cannot be participating in the shooting till the completion of the elections in Uttar Pradesh, where I am canvassing. But, I will be giving my hundred percent to the film after the elections are over”, she said.

Despite being a Lok Sabha MP, Jayaprada said she will find time for acting in movies. “This year, I will be working for four films including this one. I have already worked for Kamal Hassan’s Tamil film. I will be working for a Bengali and a Hindi film this year”, said the multilingual actress.

No comments: